The Council for Supplier Diversity, established in 1999, is a nonprofit organization. The Council for Supplier Diversity represents the corporate outreach to the Diverse Supplier community. It is our purpose to facilitate business opportunities and market share growth for minority, woman and service disabled businesses through the interaction with our corporate members.
Our mission is to use the disciplines of Supplier Diversity initiatives as an engine for economic development in under represented communities. We are dedicated to expanding business opportunities for women, minority and service disabled veteran business enterprises. The ultimate outcome is to add economic value to the supply chain while increasing economic opportunities for the diverse business community. We believe that diverse business development is a key component of reducing poverty, lowering unemployment, increasing wealth, and integrating American society.
- Identify, recruit and assist in the development of high quality suppliers in a wide range of product and service areas.
- To actively verify all major supplier diversity certification for MBE, WBE and service-disabled veteran, among others.
- To assess the needs and objectives of our corporate members regarding their supplier requirements and identify appropriate diverse suppliers in response to those needs.
- Develop and implement programs, tools and events that market the value of supplier diversity and promote the successful programs of our current members, in order to increase member participation.
- Leverage the economic fuel created through our efforts to power underserved communities in our region